Sunday, January 07, 2007

WHAT A DIFFERENCE THREE MONTHS MAKE...


Due to my inbuilt mixture of heady enthusiasm and headless lethargy I nearly always take perverse enjoyment in discovering someone else has beaten me to the punch. It reiterates my opinions without me having to extol them in the first place. Take for example the latest article from the peerless Greenbriar Picture Show Blog.

I'm a huge fan of AIP's Beach Party series, but the massive chasm between the innocent (albeit often off -the-wall) tomfoolery of Annette, Frankie and the gang and drugged up anarchy of late 60s releases from the same studio never fails to knock me for six.

Sobering to think that all that separates this:



from this:



is just over three months. But that's the 60s for you.

Read all about it here - from an always-eloquent gentleman who witnessed this seismic shift first hand.

1 Comments:

Blogger Poptique said...

oh dear.

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home