Wednesday, January 03, 2007

...and a Happy New Year (from Poptique).

Bleary eyed and still slighlty groggy, may I be amoung the last to wish you Happy New Year and all the best for 2007!!


It's no problem to still party like I'm 21, but these days I recover like I'm 81. However, from what I can recall my New Years Eve, whilst being a barrel boozy of laughs, didn't quite reach the glorious heights of this particular soirée...



Of course it's the ubiquitous Helen in yet another classic cabaret act. Baithe Hain Kya Usike Paas comes from Dev Anad's 1967 crime caper Jewel Thief - a film well worth seeking out for it's gorgeous visuals, outlandish plot and stellar score from SD and RD Burman (their funky, twangy guitar theme subsequently appropriated by the Brighton based chaps at Mondo Macabro for their seminal series). If you liked what you saw in the clip above I highly recommend picking up the DVD and seeing what Helen gets up to next! It's a beaut.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home